Monday, March 15, 2010

103 Days [Tea Time]

I am on a tea break at the general practice I am attached to at the moment. So I decided to take a quick shot of one of the ginger nuts that is my contribution to the food.

I am attached at the moment to a beautiful general practice in the Scottish Borders. The place is Stranraer. I love Scotland. A lot! I relish the sheer contrasts that you get in this enormous and underpopulated country that has had a disproportionate enormous impact on the history of the United Kingdom per head of population than any of the other three countries that constitute the Kingdom.

The doctors here are extremely good and thorough. I cannot stand medicine in London as I cannot stand cities. However being up here is thoroughly refreshing. The close personal approach and sheer professionalism that sticks to the old fashioned yet tender kind ways that many of us dream a doctor should be.

Of course it is not a perfect place as nothing is perfect in this life but the countryside possesses many facets that the often city crazed lunatic is missing out on. The city has its advantages but it often loses the plot on subjects such as fox hunting and other things in the country. Many a city slicker thinks they can understand the country based upon the odd weekend and dabbles in the NFU. However it is a different stronger healthier world in the country and I do plan to make it a huge part of my life.

I have rambled somewhat. These comments are not supposed to make any sense as they are opinion. My opinion. Not arrogance. Just opinion. So of course my opinion could well be wrong but it is still my opinion.

The above photograph is symbolic of the sheer peace that you get out here despite the usual strains that exist in the medical world. Many a city based doctor frowns upon rural medicine as a somewhat trash bin for those not big enough to make it in the city. Really? Out here rocks! Doctors get to do lots of numerous things out here and at the same time take a break to eat a biscuit in complete peace and quiet. That is priceless.

No comments: